The Farr Family

This Is the Blog of the Farr family, Sam and Wendy Farr and their Daughters Nichola and Helen plus their husbands Andy Higby and David Mattock. They all live in the Bath Area. Sam works as a freelance photographer after taking voluntary redundancy from The Bath Chronicle after 20 years, Andy is a freelance Manager for various Charities and David a Computer programmer. David and Helen have our two Granddaughters, Tabitha and Lottie they can be seen at www.themattocks.com.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Did I turn the Oven off moment


Have you ever had a, did I turn the Oven off moment.
Mine came after I visited Portishead power station to photograph this man who had arranged to send these old C.E.G.B tools and machinery to a poor African country.
It had taken about an hour to arrange the lathes, drills and tools for the picture.
As soon as I finished I jumped into the car and leaving the man to clear up (typical photographers trick) I drove to the next assignment in Devon.
When I arrived I looked at the camera and found the flash sync was wrong, had I missed the picture or had I shifted it after I took the picture!
Well I had to wait till I returned and processed the film to find out, the pictures were OK.
Digital is a blessing, knowing you have the shot in the bag before you leave without using Polaroid was something we all dreamed of twenty years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google