The Farr Family

This Is the Blog of the Farr family, Sam and Wendy Farr and their Daughters Nichola and Helen plus their husbands Andy Higby and David Mattock. They all live in the Bath Area. Sam works as a freelance photographer after taking voluntary redundancy from The Bath Chronicle after 20 years, Andy is a freelance Manager for various Charities and David a Computer programmer. David and Helen have our two Granddaughters, Tabitha and Lottie they can be seen at www.themattocks.com.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Nicky Hospital Update

After a lovely 48 hours being ill in the comfort of my own home, I have to return to the RUH tomorrow as my weekend leave is over. I'll be having tests this week to try and determine what is causing the pain and what we can do about it. It's possible that I have Crohns disease, which has been a "possible" for a long time, it's also possible that my adhesions (scar tissue) are sticking my insides together in a rather unhelpful way. There isn't much they can do to help if that's the case, as more surgery means more adhesions. I am currently on enormous doses of opiates to help with the pain, but am still not very comfortable. Obviously it would be rather difficult if I need this much pain control in the long term as I am already rather tolerant to the drugs and that will only get worse with time. I'm being readmitted to Robin Smith (Surgical Admissions) and will probably be moved on to another ward from there. I'm expecting to be in for the week, but hoping that I'll be allowed out next weekend if they want me to stay longer. I'll keep Dad updated and I'm sure he'll post on the blog if there's any news. Thanks for all of your sweet thoughts and cards, they cheer me up no end, Nicky x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google