The Farr Family

This Is the Blog of the Farr family, Sam and Wendy Farr and their Daughters Nichola and Helen plus their husbands Andy Higby and David Mattock. They all live in the Bath Area. Sam works as a freelance photographer after taking voluntary redundancy from The Bath Chronicle after 20 years, Andy is a freelance Manager for various Charities and David a Computer programmer. David and Helen have our two Granddaughters, Tabitha and Lottie they can be seen at www.themattocks.com.

Friday, July 29, 2005


Here's a reminder of the old Bath City police force, copied off a wall at the police station.
These were the days when they spent money on staff rather than cars, radios and helicopters.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 am, Blogger PhilosophistiCat said...

Hi. I was very interested to see this photo of the Bath City Police, although I realise it s quite 'modern' - my interest is in the Bath police back in Victorian times when three members of my family served. I am collecting material for a book chapter on the history of this force - do you have family connections here or not?

 
At 2:02 pm, Blogger The Farr Family said...

I'm afraid I don't have a family connection with the Police my father came up from Devon before the war and served in the Fire Service http://bit.ly/M7p3xk later we had a newsagents in the Abbey Churchyard and it was an early morning tea stop for the police as they had no canteen then.
I can still remember looking outside to check the it was safe for one constable to leave, he went on to be a Detective Chief Inspector.
Sam Farr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google