The Farr Family

This Is the Blog of the Farr family, Sam and Wendy Farr and their Daughters Nichola and Helen plus their husbands Andy Higby and David Mattock. They all live in the Bath Area. Sam works as a freelance photographer after taking voluntary redundancy from The Bath Chronicle after 20 years, Andy is a freelance Manager for various Charities and David a Computer programmer. David and Helen have our two Granddaughters, Tabitha and Lottie they can be seen at www.themattocks.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005


Twenty years ago when I was working for the Central Electricity Generating Board, I was briefed there was a problem with salt build up on the insulation of transmission towers in the Plymouth Area, causing flash-overs.

So off I went to try to photograph the problem, they were unable to tell me where the towers with the problem were, and I was given a map of all the towers in the area.


I spent the night pointing my camera at towers with the shutter open as long as I dare to before fogging the film, hoping to catch a good flashover.


This is the result, when they saw the picture they told me that as far as they knew it had never been photographed in the wild before, and this was the first time outside a laboratory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google